- Dan Whitney Stevenson was born on Oct. 4, 1982 in Chicago, Illinois
- His father, Mark Stevenson, played at Missouri and for the Detroit Lions as a center/guard in 1985
- His brother, Tony, played football at Arizona State while another brother, Joey, played football at Arizona Western
- Attended Barrington (Ill.) High School, where he was a Parade All-American and rated the top offensive lineman in the Midwest
- Earned three letters in football, helping his team win league titles as a junior and senior
- The team captain made 63 pancake blocks as a senior in 2000
- Won three letters in track and field, qualifying for the state meet in the discus and shot put
- Served twice as the track team’s captain, earning All-League honors as a senior
- Played volleyball on the junior varsity for two years as a freshman and a sophomore
- Majored in Marketing at Notre Dame’s Mendoza College of Business.
- Dan Stevenson was drafted by the Patriots in the sixth round(205th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.