Height: 6’7 Weight: 325
Acquired: D4b-97 (125th overall)
Major: Early Childhood Education
Born: Oct 13, 1975 Hamden Conn.
- Ed Ellis was drafted with the Patriots’ own selection in the fourth round (125th) of the 1997 draft.
- Played in seven games during his second year… Saw action in the first three games of the season.
- Made first pro appearance when he replaced Zefross Moss (back pains) in the second quarter.at N.Y. Jets
- Ellis was a three-year starter at Buffalo … he was a strong physical drive blocker with long arms and thick legs, very nimble for a player his size.
- Having played for the Patriots, Redskins, Chargers and Giants, Ed was inducted into the University of Buffalo’s Hall of Fame on Oct. 6, 2005.
- He tried his hand at high school coaching along side his good friend and fellow Patriots alum Vernon Crawford, but since retiring from playing Ed’s focused on being a major player in the lives of his children, Edward Jr. and Vanessa. He hasn’t ruled out coaching in the future, but right now he’s happy to be a stay-at-home dad.