29 Honor Jackson Defensive Back
Height: 6’2 Weight: 191
School: Pacific University
Born: Nov 21, 1948 Gaffney, North Carolina
- Honor was drafted by Dallas in 1971.
- He retired right away, but decided to make his come back. The team that gave him his opportunity was New England.
- Honor showed his great hitting ability as a safety for the Patriots.
- He finished the 1972 season with 4 interceptions in 133 yards.
- He started his college career at the College of Marin.
- Eventually, he made the transfer to the University of the Pacific. Here, he lettered in both track and football.
- Playing wide receiver, Honor caught 74 passes for 1236 yards at Pacific. On the track, he showcased his 4.6 speed as a sprinter.
Where Is He Now?
- Honor Jackson lives in Santa Rosa, California.
- He is the director of two youth mentoring programs and on board of a third.
- The first program, Fence at the Top, has tutoring, bible study, mentoring, sports camps, college workshops and college tours.
- The second program looks more at the mental health of our youth.
- The third, Rites of Passage, teaches teens everything from workshops, how to balance a check book, time management, team building, college preparation, career readiness, community service, wellness, nutrition, and more.