87 Lin Dawson Tight End
Height: 6’2 Weight: 240
School: North Carolina State
Born: June 24, 1959 Norfolk, VA
- Lin won the team’s Ed Block Courage award in 1987 for recovering from an injury in 1986, where he spent the whole season on the IR due to a knee injury
- Had the best season of his career in 1984, where he caught 39 passes for 427 yards and four touchdowns.
- In his time with the Patriots, Dawson had 117 catches for 1233 yards and eight touchdowns.
- He played all 44 games with the NC State Wolfpack.
- Dawson finished collegiate career as the school’s ninth all-time receiver
- He caught 11 passes for 116 yards with 1 TD as a senior…even though the Wolfpack ran a heavily run-focused offense.
- He finished second on the reception list with 15 catches for 201 yards and one TD in 1979, the year NC State won the ACC championship.
- Lin spends off-seasons traveling across the Eastern Seaboards and educating students with SADD (Students Against Drunk Driving) and the “Say No To Drugs” campaign.
- He is involved in many charities (Friends of Wrentham, Jimmy Fund, and Multiple Sclerosis in North and South Carolina).